- Local places
La Scala Opera House
La Scala was inaugurated on 3 August 1778 and was originally known as the New Royal-Ducal Theatre alla. The premiere performance was Antonio Salieri's Europa riconosciuta.
Most of Italy's greatest operatic artists and many of the finest singers from around the world have appeared at La Scala during the past 200 years. The theatre is regarded as one of the leading opera and ballet theatres in the world and is home to the La Scala Theatre Chorus, La Scala Theatre Ballet and La Scala Theatre Orchestra. The theatre also has an associate school, known as the La Scala Theatre Academy, which offers professional training in music, dance, stage craft and stage management.
Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
The Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II is one of the world's oldest shopping malls. Housed within a 4-story double arcade in central Milan, the Galleria is named after Vittorio Emanuele II, the first king of the Kingdom of Italy. It was designed in 1861 and built by Giuseppe Mengoni between 1865 and 1877.
Pinacoteca di Brera
The Pinacoteca di Brera ("Brera Art Gallery") is the main public gallery for paintings in Milan, Italy. It contains one of the foremost collections of Italian paintings, an outgrowth of the cultural program of the Brera Academy, which shares the site in the Palazzo Brera.
Sforza Castle (Italian: Castello Sforzesco) is a castle in Milan, northern Italy. It was built in the 15th century by Francesco Sforza, Duke of Milan, on the remains of a 14th-century fortification. Later renovated and enlarged in the 16th and 17th centuries, it was one of the largest citadels in Europe. Extensively rebuilt by Luca Beltrami in 1891 to 1905, it now houses several of the city's museums and art collections.
Museo Civico di Storia Naturale
The Museo Civico di Storia Naturale di Milano (Milan Natural History Museum) was founded in 1838 when naturalist Giuseppe de Cristoforis (1803–1837) donated his collections to the city of Milan, Italy.
The Museum is located within a 19th-century building in the Indro Montanelli Garden, near the historic city gate of Porta Venezia. The structure was built between 1888 and 1893 in Neo-Romanesque style with Gothic elements.
The museum is divided into five different permanent sections: Mineralogy (with a large collection of minerals from all over the world); Paleontology (with several fossils of dinosaurs and other prehistoric organisms); Natural History of Man (dedicated to the origins and evolution of humans with a particular attention to the relationship of the latter with the environment); Invertebrate Zoology (dedicated to mollusks, arthropods and entomology); and Vertebrate Zoology (dedicated to vertebrates, both exotic and European).
The museum also exhibits the largest Italian collection of full-size dioramas (over 100) that allows visitors to observe some peculiar aspects of various ecosystems.
The Duomo Cathedral
Milan Cathedral is the cathedral church of Milan, Italy. Dedicated to St Mary of the Nativity (Santa Maria Nascente), it is the seat of the Archbishop of Milan. The Gothic cathedral took nearly six centuries to complete. It is the 5th largest church in the world and the second largest in Italy.
Via Daniele Manin,
7 - 20121 Milan,